Our little family-2011

Our little family-2011
We aren't so little anymore

One crazy group

One crazy group
A stroll on the water

Blog Archive

Thursday, December 11, 2008

better late than never

I am going to give you the exact thoughts I had while working out last night. I used my phone to jot down thoughts. Sports was the only thing they had on last night and too many guys were into it so I couldnt change it. So I went to put my music on and listen to the book on downloaded on my phone and found that I didnt have the headset to go with it. So I was stuck there with my thoughts and running,,,,,,,BORING! So I put my thoughts down and here they are. This is exactly the way I wrote them so they are abbreviated and scrambled.....Dad, you may not want to read this part...
No fun to run alone! Sport on and no headset! Need a new sport bra!!!! Hate it this time. My right hip is killin me and it is only 2 miles in. SUCKS!! I stopd 2.25 mils in and wlkd it! Went from 18 min mile to 18.40min mile after 3.5 mils i am don with run. Hip is now kilng my leg. Less than an hour for it. Feel perfect; lungs are stretched and i feel loose but still pain, i do feel good but still a bit disapntd that i couldnt do more. I will shoot for 4 miles each day. Then i can push myself monday to 7 miles without injury. Need to check with jeff g as to where i am suposd to be.
 So this is where I was last night while running. I felt good after but my hip is still bothering me. Today I went and met a personal trainer they have on staff and we went through a workout. We did the dumbbells (there is a reason they call them that!) 60 of those in different forms ranging in lbs from 10 to 15. Sounds wimpy but hey, you try it! I did several machines they have that work back and arms and chest (ya like I want THAT to gain any more muscle). She kicked my butt with the push ups and a little dealio where you put your arms behind you and your feet out with toes pointing up and you squat and come back up. YEA RIGHT, I kept falling. She was loving every bit of it I know she was. I think these people become personal trainers because they feel a need to torture! This is my theory. LOL. After 40 minutes of that she wanted to go in and do cardio with me. NOT! My upper body is insanely sore. Not pain per say but weak and wobbly feeling. It does feel kind of good now though. I am meeting her again tomorrow night. I know she will torture me again and I know I will keep coming back for more. That is just how twisted I am! I have also started counting my calories. I am supposed to have 1850 calories a day. Yea right! I can barely get 14oo. I sometimes just dont eat and I know that is wrong but I am working on it. When I do eat I know the stuff I put in my mouth needs to be healthier but ok so your out driving and you have 10 errands to run and the kids are fighting and yelling and the little one is tired and you;ve had to pee for hours and they are hungry and you are no where near home. What do you do???? Subway is the best answer. I mean there is nothing else out there. Its terrible but this is my life. So after a workout, can you say gassy miss gas gas. Seriously people there are so many downsides to working out and this is a pretty big one. What is the chemical reaction that causes someone to be so gassy after working out? I need to know this, maybe I will do research on it. I could even write a thesis on this and make millions of $. Ok, so I am a bit wound up and I can t help it. I will go back tomorrow and the next day for torture session after torture session and I will become the most fantastic mother in the whole world!!! I said I was wound up, what you didnt believe me?  Well, it is after midnight and I should go to bed. Any answers to my questions would be great, any laughter at my insanity would be better!  BYE

1 comment:

Henry said...

When I saw you on Saturday you seemed pretty happy. I think the personal trainer is always a good idea, they usually are pretty helpful and give good advice.

Subway, definitely tasty.

Gas? I don't know if exercise gives gas, but I hear beans are the magical fruit. Stay away from those. (Actually I think beans are really good sources of protein and usually are pretty healthy.)

Some of my guesses:
- If you eat too fast like me, you get gas.
- If you're lactose intolerant and you love ice cream (I don't think I'm lactose intolerant but I love ice cream).
- If your body isn't used to the food you're eating I think that can give you gas too. Maybe just give it time.

Here's something that might be useful. Just copy and paste the internet address.
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/exercise/HQ00594_D

Henry Patterson

Four sisters join forces for good

Four sisters join forces for good
Robin, Renea, and myself at the half way turn around. What a beautiful moment