Our little family-2011

Our little family-2011
We aren't so little anymore

One crazy group

One crazy group
A stroll on the water

Blog Archive

Sunday, December 21, 2008

13 DAYS REMAINING!!!

I said I was going to be better but I guess I was wrong. I will write when I write! I did a couple really good workouts this week and it felt good to do weights and not be in total body pain. I tried not to hold myself back because of the pain and I think it worked. I feel stronger but most of that is mind power. mind power is great though because it is what takes you through the times you really wont go without a little mind sabotage. I am sooooo sooooo soooo excited to get going to vegas to take part in what is one the crowning moments of my life. It probably sounds corny (cause it is,,,,you know it is) but this moment is right up there with the best ever times. Marrying Cris, Fostering our children and then adopting them, the meningitis (healing from) etc.  i am going to workout EVERY single day this week. I will need your help with this endeavor though. I need accountability and that is you....my wonderful, kind, loving, smart, healthy, generous friends (yes, I am showering you so you will help me). I promise to  do a full workout everyday! Running, and weight training! Even if I have to run around my basement like I did the first week. And do crunches the old fashion way. And use cans of food to lift. I have 13 days left and I am stoked for this event. 
Funny story: yesterday I was heading out the door to go run and train and as I was leaving my son started screaming. He did not want me to leave. He is at that momma's boy stage  (I love every minute of it). So I came back and used all my tricks to calm him down and get to the point where he will let me go. No use! It was a no go and I knew I was going to leave my husband with a hysterical child. Finally after 10 minutes I said " Bubba, I have to go running and I need to leave!" He looked up at me and waved and said "bye, go run"! It was that simple, he has become so accustomed to me working out that he is comfortable with me leaving to do THAT! I love that he sees this as part of life instead of something hard and out of the way.
Changes have taken place in our home for the better since September because of this. After I get back I am going to start weight watchers and try to lose some weight. So I am going to ask all my friends and readers to help me come up with my next big goal. I am not going to do a full marathon however, that is about the extent of the limitations I am willing to consider. So be thinking about a great goal, that is seemingly impossible. For instance, how about you run a marathon at 270lbs with only 4 months training? That seemed pretty out there, but here I am! Anyway, Merry Christmas everyone. Bye

No comments:

Four sisters join forces for good

Four sisters join forces for good
Robin, Renea, and myself at the half way turn around. What a beautiful moment