Our little family-2011

Our little family-2011
We aren't so little anymore

One crazy group

One crazy group
A stroll on the water

Blog Archive

Monday, January 5, 2009

God ran the marathon

After about 7 1/2 miles we were sore, hungry, hot and cold, I had to use the bathroom(badly), and in general we were tired and ready to be finished. We werent talking much but enough that neither of us needed our ipods. A good portion of full marathoners were passing us (which always make you feel GREAT! Not!). One gentleman behind us said "Hi, Rebecca and Robin" and it startled us once again. People kept calling us by our names and it was freaky. It was only after the second person did it early on in the run that we realized we had our names on our backs. So this gentleman said hi to us and we grunted something that could maybe resemble a hi to him and he passed us like the wind. It was then that I noticed something on the back of his shirt. It was a scripture written by Paul the apostle to the Philippians. Philippians 4:13 " I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me." ! We said it OVER and OVER. Emphasizing different words to make it sound different. This got us probably another mile and a half at least and made us laugh several times just by the way it sounded. I know resting the scriptures is bad but I think that scripture was placed before us for a reason. That is one of the many stories we have to tell. Miracles

2 comments:

Henry said...

We're inspired. We're going to go running right now. (Only for 20 minutes though).

Henry and Fran

Henry said...

Did you run a full or half marathon? I think that's great. Happy recovery. I'm trying to keep up my exercising so I can lose 20 lbs by my birthday. I feel better already even though I'm feeling a little sick.

henry

Four sisters join forces for good

Four sisters join forces for good
Robin, Renea, and myself at the half way turn around. What a beautiful moment