Our little family-2011

Our little family-2011
We aren't so little anymore

One crazy group

One crazy group
A stroll on the water

Blog Archive

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

sorry about the spelling but this is important!

Houston we have a problem! Actually it is more of a situation. Here it is....I am with my sisters in their state and I am obviously here for my marathon. The plan was to train while here for a few days and then a couple days before take the rest I would need to make the big run. On Christmas day my nephew went into the hospital with RSV and pnemonia. They put him on all the medications that would normally help a 6month old. He didnt respond. they had to drain his lungs. this means that they had to put him under and put a tube into his side where his right lung is (I believe it was the right) and over the course of time it drains. He doesnt seem to be getting better and they are going to put in a feeding tube today. Of course he is on Morphine and Lortab and all sorts of other medications. My sister has not left the hosputal at all and it is taking a great toll on her, as you can imagine. After the lungs are drained he will have a pick line put in and she will have to give him IV medications several times a day for 6 weeks. But it doesnt lopk like her is coming out any time soon. So she is most obviously not going to run! Here is the debate I am having with myself....do I go and run a marathon we all were going to run together as a sister group? OR, do I stay where I am needed and give my sister the support she needs? On the one hand, my purpose for coming here was specifically to run this marathon! BUT, it was also to be run with all 4 of us. ON THE OTHER HAND, my sister and son are in desperate need of total support from our family. She wants to run also but cant and probably feels bad that she cant. She apoligized to me this morning for ruining the marathon experiance for me. I almost cried...I dont want her feeling like that at this point in her life. It is a tough choice. There is another problem, if I go I was going to ride down with her 8 hours to Boulder. My other sister is flying and already has the ticket. I dont have a car and cant really afford to rent one. I have been praying to know the right answer but I have not had any clarity in this matter. My parents are coming out to help her and relieve some family members who have taken the other children. Maybe when they come and I have more time with my sisters I wil more fully be able to recognize the answer. But for now I am in a state of constant confusion and restless reluctancy! So, my dear friends, I put this into your hands. Pray for my nephew most of all but if you have an extra moment of silence between you and our Father who is so merciful pray for me as well. The Spirit of God needs more to be with my sisters family but to my great blessing and yours God can give us all the comfort of answers from the Heavens.

No comments:

Four sisters join forces for good

Four sisters join forces for good
Robin, Renea, and myself at the half way turn around. What a beautiful moment