Our little family-2011

Our little family-2011
We aren't so little anymore

One crazy group

One crazy group
A stroll on the water

Blog Archive

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

update on the run.
I decided through prayer and counseling with my sweetheart that I need to finish that which I have started! I need to follow the path I have felt prompted all along. So I am flying to Vegas on Friday afternoon and running Saturday and coming back on Sunday. After I made the decision and really knew that is what I was going to do all the stress and anxiety vanished. Not to say there are not times of guilt. Every once in a while I feel bad leaving my sister behind. There is nothing I can do about that, though I wish there was, I am really still excited. The excitment is very different than it was a few days ago. My heart is still broken over my nephew and I really wish there were something I can do. His infection count is down from 19 to 13 today. It is supposed to be 1 or under. So he has a long way to go but such a big improvment from last night. He gets his pickline in today. This will be difficult. I had a power pick line after I left the hospital from Meningitis and it is not fun. I wonder where they will put it? Mine was in my arm pit, my brother in law has one in him arm and a friend had one in her neck. So I guess it depends on the person as to where they put it in. All I know is the arm pit was horrible. TOok them 45 minutes to put in and they dont put you under for it so every time they had to insert the line I felt it. Also, an infant of 6 months can ull on it and possibly pull it out just far enough to get it out of the heart. well, I will let the Doctors figure that one out. SO, the bottom line is this....I am going to Vegas! I am running the marathon! My other sister isnt running so it went from 4 to 2! What a great time this will be! thank you for the kindness you have all shown. Thank you for helping me through the journey I have taken. I hope that someday I can be a support to all of you in some way as you have inspired and built me up. Have a happy New Year, I pray it brings peace and joy! So instead of Bye.......I love you!

2 comments:

Sarah and Troy said...

Best of luck to you Rebecca!

Franziska Patterson said...

You go Rebecca! we'll pray for your little nephew. That's really scary and I can't imagine how I'd feel if my little baby was sick like that. I hope all will be well.

Four sisters join forces for good

Four sisters join forces for good
Robin, Renea, and myself at the half way turn around. What a beautiful moment