Our little family-2011

Our little family-2011
We aren't so little anymore

One crazy group

One crazy group
A stroll on the water

Blog Archive

Friday, January 2, 2009

24 hours before the marathon

so i am here in Vegas and i am getting ready to go to pick up my packet. The flight here was fantastic. I was on JetBlue and I would really never fly any other way if they were in my town. It was a great flight and I am so un-nervous that it is hard for me to believe that tomorrow is the day I have been preparing for so long. (like 4 months). We went to get something to eat at Caesar's palace and we ended up at The Cheesecake Factory and I had a hot turkey sandwich. It was huge and i couldnt finish it all. Then we came to see family and rest for tomorrow. After we go pick up our packets we are all going to go to eat our last meal until the marathon. There are apparently a lot of differences between the 5 and 10ks and a marathon. There are sponsors that give things out to help the runners. I will let you know later what the packet contains. I have heard rumors that there is a cool chill towel that we are going to get at the race. Right now though, my nieces are doing karaoke and I am enjoying my 11, 9, and 8year old nieces singing rap and other songs. it is hilarious. So while I want to keep you updated I also want more to spend time with them. BYE

3 comments:

kristin said...

ok. I totally just stumbled upon your blog...and I DID THE SAME THING! I was 250lbs last summer (I did just have a baby...but still) and I just did my first marathon in October! It's SUCH a God thing...and I'll be praying for you tomorrow!!!! I'm excited to see how it goes for you! I've only skimmed your blog quick..and honestly don't know how I even got here!!!! But YOU GO!!!!
I'm soo excited for you!!! Drink your water!

Kellie said...

GOOD LUCK REBECCA!!!! I will pray for you and of course your nephew. I am soooo excited to see someone fulfilling a dream. You are awesome and inspiring! Can't wait to read your next post!

fat runners blog said...

Wow kristin, I am so glad you found my blog. It is nice to hear from people who have been in my shoes. Thanks for your input. Please continue checking out my blog. The more the marrier!

Four sisters join forces for good

Four sisters join forces for good
Robin, Renea, and myself at the half way turn around. What a beautiful moment