Our little family-2011

Our little family-2011
We aren't so little anymore

One crazy group

One crazy group
A stroll on the water

Blog Archive

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Out with the Funk, In with the sweat

Well, after some time and a lot of silence I am back in the game again. I guess I had been resting at first to recover from the marathon(supposed to be 1 day for every mile you run). But then it just seemed to be too difficult to get out. Kids, headaches, snow and ice all seemed fairly good reasons to lock myself in my house and hibernate. Well, my blogging friends I am out o the funk and back better than ever.
I went running today. Running might be too strong a term to use for what I was doing. Maybe jogging would be better....ANYWAY, I got my heart beat up and slowly took it down and back up. It was a good work out. I ran just over 17 minutes so I am sure I did a mile. The I did some core workout (not nearly enough, but I seem to have forgotten what my sister showed me) and some after run meditation.
Because it is too cold and icy outside to run I ran inside our church in the Cultural Hall/basketball gym. It kind of stunk because it was divided off into 2 sections so I only had a small area to run in. But I did it and I was excited to do it! I hate the way I feel when I am running but I love the after SO much that it is worth it. So I have been struggling with migraines ever since I was sick. Well, they went away for a while and now they are back. So for a couple days I have been mostly in bed with this migraine just trying not to throw up and trying to manage the children with love. I have been able to keep it so that as long as there are no bright lights on and no screaming I can do fairly well. Last night broke it. I went to bed early (this is huge for me) and ended up taking some pretty strong meds in the middle of the night just because I knew I really NEEDED to go today. In order to go workout I have to be able to drive and in order to drive I have to be able to see and in order to see I have to kill the migraine! Well, murder it was not! But, I was able to subdue the symptoms enough to go out. I think something bigger than me doesn't want me to be out there again because my RA kicked in and I could barely walk my hips hurt so bad and my fingers were stiff. But I pushed on and even when I was running and felt like I was getting dizzy and going to pass out I just took it a bit easier and kept going. At one point I looked at the wall and was sure I was going down. But I took a drink and did my walking for a few and I was able to finish. My sis is getting the marathon pictures downloaded tonight I believe so you can see my triumph and power. I must say my core and beeehind are feeling it today....Yippee! BYE

No comments:

Four sisters join forces for good

Four sisters join forces for good
Robin, Renea, and myself at the half way turn around. What a beautiful moment