Our little family-2011

Our little family-2011
We aren't so little anymore

One crazy group

One crazy group
A stroll on the water

Blog Archive

Saturday, February 7, 2009

What an interesting week this has been. I have been able to workout 3 days this week which is normally not good but for my first week back I think not too bad either. I am aiming for a 5 day workout week coming up starting with Monday. It will help that there is a group of ladies at church that want to get together 2 x a week and do weights and cardio. Yea! I was going to skip cardio with them and just do that at the fitness club but I have been kick out of the fitness club. Yes, my son is too aggressive for the other ladies children. Bubba is aggressive but come on ladies they are boys! Must we hover over them like a mother bird over her chicks? Blake is not used to sharing ( what 2 yr old is???) and so he would take toys and he does like to shove people down when they are not agreeing with him. Does any of this sound unlike a 2 yr old? Oh well, it is for the best. God made another way for me to do what I need to do. So I will workout at church 2x a week and run other times. This week is going to be really nice so I think some out door running is in order. I cant wait to get out there. I am thinking about doing the capital city 1/2 marathon. It is up in the air as of now but it is in the running as a very good possibility. I am really sick and have been stuffed up and runny nose for a few days but other than that I am feeling pretty good. The soreness in my hips are going away but the nature of RA says it will be back. I am once again feeling the benefits of working out. Although I still hate it and dread going to do it, I do love the way it makes me feel and someday the way it will make me look. I am not caught up in appearances but it would be nice to be average. Well, my brother in law sent the pictures so it is in the hands of the USPS. Hopefully Monday the package will arrive. I am as anxious as you seeing as I have not seen them yet either. It will be a big day for us all. BYE

1 comment:

Heidi Meadows said...

Rebecca,
I have really enjoyed reading about your experiences in training for the marathon, and now as you continue to work out. Your story is very inspiring and I am struggling right now to keep motivated to work out 3x a week. I don't like running either, but I have been trying to do a couple of miles on the treadmill, and then doing some core routines to finish up. I do really well for a couple of weeks, then I slack off and have to start over again. I love that you and your sisters are doing this together. I do much better when I have someone to do it with!

Four sisters join forces for good

Four sisters join forces for good
Robin, Renea, and myself at the half way turn around. What a beautiful moment